Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital offers a full range of care for adults ages 18 and older who are struggling with alcohol and/or drug dependency. This ensures that patients are placed in the most appropriate level of care depending on the severity of the illness.
While each treatment plan is tailored to the specific needs of the individual, the levels of care in our chemical dependency program include:
- Medical Detoxification: This is the most intensive level of care that Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital provides in the chemical dependency program. Our detoxification unit is equipped to handle the most acute medical detox situations from physically addictive drugs and/or alcohol, all while under the care of our compassionate and highly trained professional team.
- Rehabilitation: Our short-term inpatient program focuses on emotional stabilization and education about the disease of addiction, development of recovery resources and skills and personal adoption of recovery principles. While living in a structured and supportive environment, patients begin to assume responsibilities for day-to-day activities. Patients attend daily group counseling and are involved in 12-Step work. They attend community 12-Step meetings, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings and/or Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings, as well as groups focused on relapse risk and prevention education. Many of the services available in Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital’s chemical dependency program are also made available to our outpatient alumni population at our four outpatient centers conveniently located throughout the Panhandle.
- Family program: This is an essential element in maintaining sobriety. Together, families participate in treatment planning, family counseling sessions and family groups to begin building a positive support network for our patients. Families also meet with the attending physician and counselors, as well as participate in aftercare conferences.
- Discharge planning: This is jointly devised with the patient and his or her counselor. It involves attending AA/NA meetings, having a sponsor and living in a non-toxic environment conducive to a positive recovery. Experience has shown that those who follow our aftercare plan are more likely to maintain sobriety.
Our philosophy is that addiction and/or dependency often accompanies many other health and emotional issues, and the disease of addiction must be addressed before progress can be made in other areas. Our chemical dependency services may apply to you if you:
- Struggle to stop after one drink or get drunk when you didn’t mean to
- Drink or use drugs to cope with stress, sadness or other personal issues
- Overtake or abuse prescription medications
- Experience temporary blackouts or memory loss
- Have health problems related to your drinking or drug use
- Get into recurrent arguments or fights with family members or friends regarding your alcohol or drug use
- Neglect other activities that used to be important (spending time with friends and family, frequently are absent from work or school, etc.) because of the use of alcohol or drugs
- Go out of your way to hide your drinking or drug use from others
- Experience symptoms of withdrawal, such as: anxiety, depression, fatigue, headaches, insomnia, irritability, loss of appetite, mood swings, nausea, shakiness or trembling, sweating, vomiting
- Have a family history of alcoholism or addiction
Dealing with substance abuse or drug addiction is never easy, and it’s even more difficult when you’re also struggling with mental health issues. Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital is here to help. With proper treatment and support, you can overcome chemical dependency problems and reclaim your life. Never lose hope. If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, call us to get additional information or schedule a confidential assessment.